Saturday, June 29, 2013

In the Clouds

Summer has kicked off to a great start. Finally getting back into landscape photography which I absolutely love. My friend Erika and I drove up towards the Blue Ridge parkway and while looking for a waterfall, we traveled up a mountain. It seemed as if everything was getting really foggy, then realizing we were in the clouds. I think I'm one of the only people I know that appreciates cloudy/overcast days compared to bright and sunny. Something about the view with the clouds, and the light coming thru every now and then looked like a dream. It reminded me of scenes from the 'Twilgiht' movies and I started taking as many pictures as I could. There seemed to be rain off in the distance and bright sun coming from the opposite direction. When editing , I decided to in fact give the photo a 'twilight' look with the colder/edgy colors. This turned out to be one of my favorite photographs. I cannot wait to get back to the mountains to shoot more in this style.

No comments:

Post a Comment